Part 39

Slowly but surely 6 P.M. did arrive and in Pooja’s house everyone were getting ready to go to a party and Shruti said,”Hey Po...wear that Pink Chudhidar of yours...really suits you....” admiring herself in the mirror wearing a new dress herself....

Pooja said, “No sis I am not coming...got a lot of school work to do......you people enjoy.”

“Mom, Pooja says she is not gonna come....” said Shruti.

Their Mother entered and asked why and Pooja said the same thing.

Her mother thought for a few seconds and said, “It’s not a really important thing anyway...you can stay but don’t waste your time.....we will be late so don’t wait for us...have dinner and sleep....lock the door from inside.....we have a spare key.....”

Pooja wanted to say,”Mom how old do you think I am.”


But didn’t say anything cause she was too happy she was getting extra time to spend with her Beggar Prince.

A few minutes later their parents and sister went away and after waiting for another 15 min to see if they are coming back.....she raced off to Friends Park along with her gifts and a card.

She was out of breath by the time she reached the park. She went to their usual meeting spot and found Ravi sitting on the bench all alone.

“Really Sorry Ravi.....I had to wait till my parents left......” said she panting.

“It’s OK Pooja....just glad that you came.” said Ravi.

“I would have come earlier if my family had left earlier but because of Shruthi, they got late.” Said Pooja thinking about her sister who always takes a lot of time to get ready.

“Who is this Shruthi?” asked Ravi.

“She is my elder sister....Ravi this is what I wanted to talk about....” said Pooja.

“You wanted to talk about your sister?” said Ravi.

“No....what I meant was you don’t know anything about me Ravi.....” said Pooja.

“But I feel I know enough about you.” Said Ravi somewhat confidently.

Pooja suddenly felt a sense of contentment filling her up. She thought “He thinks a lot like me.”

But keeping the thoughts to herself she asked him Teju’s question “How much is enough Ravi?”

Ravi was kinda surprised by that question and thought for a while....he tried to recollect if any movie had that scene.

After a few moments of silence he said “Pooja, I know you love me isn’t that enough to reciprocate the feeling.”

Pooja blushed after listening to that answer but said “No Ravi that isn’t enough, you need to know about my family background etc. Etc.”

“I don’t know.... I love you and that’s it.....” said Ravi defiantly.

“Why Ravi why.....why do you like me so much?” asked Pooja seriously.

Agent Scar didn’t know what to say to that girl....

“Come on think....you are an assassin you came out of many tricky situations....this shouldn’t be a problem for you.” Were the thoughts racing in his mind.

But he didn’t know what to say.....he thought for a while and decided to say what was in his heart all along and slowly said,” Because of the Theory of Inductive Resonance.”

“What!!!!!.” Pooja exclaimed.....she continued “Ravi what is the relation between that physics concept and love?”

“Pooja, just like the frequency of a body increases when some sound are applied....my heart rate also increases whenever I listen to your voice.” Said Ravi innocently.....he continued “This phenomenon I observed from the first time you offered me biscuits on the first day of school.”

Pooja was highly impressed by that answer and couldn’t contain her words she said, “Ravi, I wanna hug you now.....”

Agent Scar looked at her with some kind of strange expression of surprise and Pooja felt embarrassed...she quickly said, “I can’t do it here....anyway I have something for you.....Here’s your gift B’day boy.”

She gave him the package she brought.

Ravi opened the cover and found a soft teddy which was holding a heart on which “Te Quiero” was written.

Then there was a greeting card which was a small one but produced the “Happy Birthday” tune melodiously whenever opened.

Agent Scar was surprised on seeing the card...he opened and closed it many times observing it very curiously. He didn’t understand what to do with the soft toy and ignored it completely playing only with the card.

Pooja thought “This Ravi behaves like an overly mature person sometimes and a little kid the other time..... Don’t know who the real one is.”
She cleared her throat and said “Ravi did you like your gifts?”

“They are really nice Pooja, specially this card...I liked it a lot....” said Ravi excitedly.

“Why Ravi, didn’t anyone give you a musical card before?” asked Pooja.

“No, actually no one has ever given me anything on my birthday till now.....you are the first one to ever do this.....Thank you Pooja.” Said Ravi emotionally.

Pooja was filled with sympathy for her little childish lover and wanted to hug him just to make him feel better but didn’t do anything like that.

She had forgot about the personalization factor and said “Ravi, forgot to give you this.”

Then she removed an old pair of specs which were slightly bent and gave it to Ravi.

“What are these for?” asked Ravi confused.

“These are my first pair of specs....one of my most cherished treasures.....I have so many memories with them....but now I want you to have it.” Said Pooja recollecting her memories.

“Why Pooja, if you like them so much why give it to me?” asked Ravi still confused.

“Ravi once give me that teddy and those specs.....” said Pooja.

Then she kept her old specs on the teddy and it fit correctly.

Pooja proudly showed her creation and Agent Scar still couldn’t understand.

So she only took the initiative and continued...”Ravi, say hi to Mini Pooja...whenever you want to talk to me and I am not there talk to mini Pooja.”

Ravi said, “Does this thing have some microphone or anything like that with which you can hear what I am talking.”

“No Ravi, what do you think I am, some kind of Female Spy?” said Pooja.

“Then you can’t hear what I am saying right?” asked Ravi once more.

“No, but imagine as if I am right there and if your feeling is really strong maybe I can hear...” she said with a twinkle in her eyes.

Agent Scar couldn’t understand what she was trying to convey but still played along.....

Then he asked “Hey Pooja, know what Te Quiero means....”

“No I don’t” she said innocently.

“Without knowing, why did you give it to me...” said Ravi seriously

“Is it something bad.” Asked Pooja a little nervous.

“It means I Love You in French....” said Ravi mischievously.......

“Wow Ravi you scared me....” said Pooja relieved.

Ravi then looked at his watch and said ”Pooja your one hour is almost over...”

“Don’t worry about that....my family has gone out and won’t be coming till late night.” Said Pooja confidently.

“Ok fine...you said you wanted to talk about something” asked Ravi curiously.

“Ya I forgot, hey Ravi remember rule no.2 of our relationship?” said Pooja.

“Of course...what about it...” said Ravi.

“Ravi acc. To that rule, you should know everything about me and vice versa....your turn to interview me....start...” said Pooja.

“Why all this so suddenly.....anyway what should I ask you...” asked Ravi in confusion.

“Your wish...ask anything you want to know....” said Pooja getting ready.

“Ohh Ok what is your favourite colour?” asked Ravi.

“Purple and Black.....and sometimes even Pink” said Pooja

“Favourite food?” said Ravi.

“Well in vegetarian I like Potato Fry and Mango Dal and Non-veg I like first Fish Fry and then Chicken Fry....” said Pooja salivating thinking about her most preferred dishes.

“Favourite Pastime......” asked Ravi.

“Well I really like reading all kinds of books specially fantasy novels....and watching movies and my most fav genre is Horror......and ya sometimes even romantic ones are fine with me...”

And then Ravi asked Pooja some more trivial things to which she answered but felt somewhat awkward...

Pooja said ”Phew...that was some quiz Ravi...now my turn....”

But before she could ask any question it started to rain and as it was the monsoon season in India...it soon became a heavy downpour.....

“Arghh Pooja come quickly, let’s find some shelter.....” and grabbing hold of Pooja’s slender arm he ran to find cover....


But just as they reached shelter Pooja broke free of Ravi’s tight grip and said “What are you doing?”

“Hey if you get wet you will catch a cold...” said Ravi blankly.

“I know that but I like playing in the rain.....” said Pooja sheepishly.

Leaving Ravi in the shelter she ran out....swirled, twirled, jumped and made wavy motions with her arms....in short she was dancing with pure ecstasy...No skill no talent but just the joy of dancing....


Ravi looked at her with awe and thought “A girl who appears so serious and studious has such a playful nature in her...I can never understand humans completely.”

“Ravi come on...don’t be shy...join me it’s so much fun...” screamed Pooja.

He too stepped outside the cover and as it was still raining heavily he got completely drenched in a few moments....

”What is fun in this...you just get yourself wet and sick” thought he.

“Hey isn’t it fun Ravi...come on you too dance...” she said playfully.

“No Pooja I can’t...I don’t know how to.” Said Ravi shyly.

“Who is a trained classical dancer here? Just enjoy the feel of cool water over your head and move your body....” said Pooja continuing her dance.

Then suddenly Ravi’s watch beeped and the message flashed “Come over quickly...”

“Umm Pooja, I need to go...got some urgent work...” said Ravi getting ready to leave.

“Ravi, everyday you ask me to wait a little longer and I can’t. Today I have a lot of time but your leaving why?” asked Pooja longingly.

“Really sorry, I just remembered I had to do something important....” said Ravi.

“More important than even me????” asked Pooja a little enviously.

“Don’t be silly Pooja....you know I have to attend some boring board meetings and all that...” said Ravi a little angrily. He continued “Shall I call a car of mine...how are you going to go home....”

“On my cycle only....hey Ravi can I ask you something....” said Pooja

“Anything....” said he.

“Will you drop me on my cycle to my house.....I always had that wish.....” said Pooja shyly.

“OK fine....” said Ravi and without thinking much

And both of them jumped onto Pooja’s old pink bicycle and Ravi started pedalling fast while Pooja while holding her umbrella trying to protect them.


On the way...Pooja said to Ravi, “You know what...you didn’t even give me a chocolate for your birthday....”

“Tomorrow definitely one large bar of chocolate with extra nuts will be waiting for you...” said Ravi dropping her off near her house and quickly hurrying away in the rain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Fan Club

Readers Online

Page Translator

Badge