Part 14

“Hanaka, be careful when you are alone in the woods….you never know what may attack you” said Hanaka’s father who had a lot of apprehensions of his daughter going out alone at night

To that Hanaka said, “Dad, how will I become a good medico if I don’t start getting practical experience… the Night Jasmines bloom only at night and they are essential for the medicine I am currently working on”

“What is the use Hanaka, why do you want to start so early..you are only 17 years old…” said her father with concern.

“But dad weren’t you able to perform even the most complicated surgery at my age…” said Hanaka.

“Those times were different…there were constant wars and we needed lots of good medicos but now times have changed…” said her father thinking about the times of war, when he was at his prime…

“Bye dad I am going…” saying that Hanaka ran off.

In the forest at night the shadows can seem very different and that had an effect on Hanaka.

She thought, “Maybe dad was right.. I shouldn’t have come here all alone and those night jasmines don’t even grow near the entrance of the forest..I have to go so much deeper.”

After venturing deep into the forest she found the flowers she was looking for and that removed all the fear from her.

She was busy working with her flowers..extracting the oil delicately from the flower petals without harming them.

She smelled a change in the fragrance in the air…

She smelled cheap toddy in the air…. And after a few minutes she started hearing harsh voices of drunk men… They saw her and she got very scared…she started running and they started chasing her…

There were nearly 5 men on her trail and she just didn’t know what to do…all thoughts of her family and friends started doing rounds in her mind…she thought, “I can’t die so soon…god please help from this situation and I promise I won’t eat ice candy for a month…”
She hid behind a tree and continued doing her prayer…

Just as her little prayer came to an end she spotted a old damaged temple…she ran into it to take cover.

The men stopped chasing her for a moment and started hurling abuses at her…
They said,”Hey flower girl...it is better you come outside…if we come inside you can’t even imagine what we are going to do to you…”

“Ohh God, please do something…please save me from those men.”

Then the men said, “Now we are really angry, we are going to come one by one and ….”
Even before they could complete the sentence one of them entered inside and found Hanaka huddled near a wall and he gave a very evil smile which showed his mottled teeth.

As he was coming closer to her he heard the screams of his fellow drunkards… and turned back to see what had happened but just as he turned back his head got cut and rolled on the ground….

The last words he had heard were “Shadow Clan’s Forbidden Move Shadow Reaver”
Blood spilled on the wall where Hanaka was huddled and she had closed her eyes.

When she opened them she saw in the moon light a pale skinned frail boy holding a black sword.

“Are they all gone?” were the first words that came out of her mouth.

“Yes, and they won’t be coming back anytime soon.” Said that boy.

“Thanks a lot…what is your name…” asked Hanaka

“Thank god, that I was passing through these woods and I need to go to the flower village, where is it?” said he.

“That’s our village…I am the village chief’s daughter…my name is Hanaka…whats yours.” Said she.

“My name is Ryu..Kage Ryu…can we go now.” Said Ryu

But just as she stood up and started walking..she tripped over something and when she saw that it was the severed head of the man who had come inside…she gave a big scream and fainted.

Ryu thought, ” What burdens..”

Then he carried away from there and laid her by a tree.
After a few moments when she woke up…she was really scared of Ryu and asked if he had killed all of them.

To that Ryu said,”That was the only way to save you from those low lives.”

“But killing is bad Ryu…you shouldn’t do that…” said Hanaka as a matter of factly.

“Would you have told the same thing to me… if I hadn’t come in time?” asked Ryu.

Hanaka thought for a few moments and said ,”No, but still remember Ryu killing is evil and I know you are not evil."

“What do you know about me?” said Ryu seriously and continued walking.

“You saved a girl in trouble…that shows your goodness.” Said Hanaka brightly.

“Do me a favor and stop trying to know me…I want to meet your father.” Said Ryu serious as always.

“As you wish…anyway forgot to ask you…what brings you to our village.” Asked Hanaka curiously.

“I have no need to tell you… I want to speak to the village chief.” Said Ryu brashly.

“How arrogant he is…” thought Hanaka.

After walking for some time they came to the entrance of the village. And Hanaka showed her house which was the largest in the entire village.

As they were about to entire a young girl jumped onto Hanaka and gave her a huge hug… and started crying…

“Emiko, it’s ok I am back… don’t worry.” Said Hanaka to her crying younger sister Emiko.

Emiko still continued crying for a few seconds until she saw that Hanaka was with someone new.

Emiko said in her little kiddish voice ,”Onee san (Elder sister), who is this?”

“Ohh this is Ryu… he came to meet father.” Said Hanaka.

Then even their father came out and said ,”Hanaka where have you been, we all were worried sick.”

“Sorry dad, I ran into some trouble while in woods… and Ryu here saved me.” Said Hanaka.

“Thanks a lot Ryu, you don’t know how important Hanaka is for all of us…What can I do for you.” Said Her father the chief of the village.

“I need to speak to you in private.” Said Ryu.

“Your work can wait Ryu… you have brought my daughter back safely… first have the special dinner and then we can discuss your problems.” Said The Village chief.

“No, its alright…I am in a little bit of hurry…” said Ryu getting impatient.

“Anything can wait Ryu…don’t worry…whatever problem you have we can cure…” assured the Village chief.

Then Ryu along with rest of the family members of Hanaka were led into a large dining hall where a huge feast was laid on the table there.

Ryu had no inclination to eat or something like that but everyone else forced him… Looking at them he remembered his family and that made his heart ache a little.
He saw how much everyone cared for Hanaka and how happy they were for safe returning.
Hanaka recounted the events of that night….

And her mother scolded her for not taking along the poison ivy bomb or the pepper bomb to which Hanaka simply said that she had forgot.

Ryu thought,”How innocent and carefree she is…”

After the feast…everyone went to bed except for Ryu and the village chief.
The village chief said ,”So Ryu, what can I do for you.”

“My name is Kage Ryu; I am the last surviving member of the Shadow Dragon Clan.”

On hearing Ryu’s Clan name…The village chief’s mouth opened wide.

Then Ryu removed his shirt to reveal the branches of lightening over his pale body which shocked the village chief even further and said ,”I have been cursed by the Black Lightening.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Fan Club

Readers Online

Page Translator

Badge