Part 34

The school was a drag but it finally got over and then everyone went to their respective homes. Pooja was making all sorts of plans in her imaginative mind to tell her "Dark Secret" to another person for the first time. She went home, changed her dress and got ready quickly and after a cup of milk she took her cycle and was off. Her mother thought,"Wow she is changing a lot but anyway its in a good way only so I have no reason to worry."

After a few minutes the phone in Pooja's house started ringing.

Pooja's mom lifted the phone and said Hello.

The person on the other end said,"Hello Mrs.Reddy, it's me Shreya speaking, can I talk to Pooja."

Pooja's Mom was a little surprised on hearing Shreya on the other end and she said,"Shreya you still didn't go to the park?, Pooja said that she went there to meet you."

Shreya was a little surprised but was quick to respond,"Actually I got some urgent work and was going to be a little late and thats what I wanted to tell her."

"Oh, but she already left, don't worry about her she can wait.",said Pooja's Mother and hung up the phone.

Shreya was very suspicious now. She went to the park to meet somebody and took my name. I have to find out who that is and quickly went to the park.

In the park we find Ravi and Pooja on the same bench that they sat on previously in the "Forest Section" which was a little isolated. There Pooja was just fidgeting with herself and after a few minutes Agent Scar started getting annoyed by that, then he said,"Pooja you said you wanted to talk about something."

Pooja still looking down towards the ground said slowly,"Ravi what do you think about me?"

"What?,why are you asking all this now?",replied Ravi.

"Ravi a question is not answer to another question,just tell me what do you think about me."

Ravi was a little surprised by her question but said,"Well you are a really good girl."

Then Pooja said,"That, anyone can say, tell me what you think about me."

Then Ravi smiled and continued,"Now I get it, where this conversation is heading.. Pooja I am really lucky to get you... Happy?"

Agent Scar thought this was like a repeat of their conversation a few days ago.

But he was wrong because she said,"No thats not what I meant, tell me what is my character sketch according to you."

It took Ravi some time think what to say but then he said,"Well where to start... Hm I think you are a soft natured girl who wouldn't want to hurt others, you are studious, love to hang out with friends, help them when they are in trouble."

Then Pooja cut in saying,"And My favourite past time is watching Girly gossip shows and talking about them later?"

"Hm ya.",Ravi echoed. "Well Ravi there are a few things you need to know about me.",said Pooja slowly. After a brief pause she continued,"Ravi, I thought at least you could see through me but no even you flel for the pretence, but anyway I will only tell about myself.....firstly I am not such a girly or good girl, I have a few dark secrets."

Agent Scar thought,"Hey who wrote her dialogues man... she is saying everything I am supposed to be telling her."

She took a deep breath and continued,"I don't like gossip shows, I once ran away from an ice cream parlor without paying the bill, I tripped a boy once when I was in fifth class and made him cry...." She smiled to herself when she remembered that incident but then became a little more serious and said,"You may think I am a little freaky but I speak with Angel and Viper."

Ravi looked a little quizzed and said,"Who is this Angel and Viper."

It was evident that Pooja was feeling very shy now but said,"They are my imaginary friends, Angel is the good one and Viper is the bad one, before I take any major decision I consult them."

Another brief pause and then she said,"Ravi I wanted my boy friend to love me for what I am and not what he expects me to be, so if you love me even after this. I will be the happiest person if not......" She never completed that sentence.

Ravi had the most awkward expression she ever saw on a boy's face... it was a mixture of surprise,shock, in short it was very queer. Then she stood up and was about to leave but before she could move one step, she felt a tug on her arm. It was Ravi now smiling softly,then he pulled gently one more time and made her to sit on the bench. Pooja's eyes were getting moist.. she thought that Ravi would think her some nutcase and make fun of her. But he did no such thing. He looked at her with the most caring look that could come on his face.

Then he sighed and said,"Well thats a little unexpected..... remember one thing Pooja, I love you and there will be no change in that."

Now tears which had come in her eyes started rolling down her cheeks. Those were not the tears of sadness or pain but happiness and relief. But Agent Scar didn't know people cried even when they were happy and again his face started showing some kind of concern... Then he saw through her specs he saw deep eyes, moist with tears that were waiting to roll down. So Innocent and Sweet were here eyes. How could she think herself to be evil when she possessed such eyes? He slowly lifted his index finger towards her cheek and flicked away a tear that was rolling down.

"Thanks Ravi, I am so relived... I was expecting something different.",said Pooja.

Ravi said,"Hm Pooja you know what... what all you said as your dark secrets are not so dark at all, if you ask me you just think that you are evil but you are not... you are a good girl."

"No Ravi, I am not that good.",said Pooja a little loudly.

Agent Scar was thinking,"If she thinks she is not good and has dark secrets for those minute and useless things... what would she think of me when she gets to know my little secret and things I have done in my past."

Making Pooja fall in love with him was a part of Agent Scar's assignment and till now he thought it might be easy for him to do that but after listening to her little confession and how complicated her mind is... It just might take a little longer to complete his assignment than planned previously.

Then Ravi said,"Let me prove to you that you are a good girl Pooja. Tell me whose advice do you follow most of the times - Your Angel's or your Viper's?"

Pooja thought for some time and said,"Angel's only.. but sometimes I even listen to words of Viper."

Ravi smiled and said,"See that proves my point. You are a good girl who just thinks she is not so nice and it's alright to get into mischief sometimes. So tell me how much did you make the bill and ran away."

Pooja thought hard and said,"Oh your asking about the Ice Cream Parlor incident, that day I was alone and made a bill of Rs.140."

Then a big smile came upon Ravi's face. After that Pooja narrated some more incidents in her childhood when she was still not pretending to be "very good girl" according to her and most of the situations she narrated were hilarious for Ravi. He had never thought little girls could do such things and after a few minutes... He burst into laughter, something he had never done till that day, Pooja also started laughing out loud with him.

She thought,"I was always reprimanded for laughing loud and was only told to give soft smiles but with Ravi I don't need to hold back." and her thoughts continued,"I am so lucky to get him... he made me feel so many emotions like anxiety, happiness, romantic, and madness all in a span of 15 minutes, what would have happened to me if I had not met him."

But after a few seconds of their mad laughter Pooja suddenly stopped. Ravi still laughing asked through his laughter,"Hey what happened why did you stop suddenly." Then Ravi noticed that Pooja's face which was now a little red with tears and laughter in a short span was showing the emotion of shock. He turned back slowly to find Shreya so angry that she was breathing very heavily and she was definitely not amused at what she was seeing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Fan Club

Readers Online

Page Translator

Badge