Part 35

Pooja was shocked on seeing Shreya and her mind was buzzing with various thoughts about what to tell her but before she could say something.
Ravi stood up and said,”Hm, Hi Shreya."

"You left me for this, this... Frenemy", said Shreya

"What did you just call me?” said Pooja seriously.

"I said you are a frenemy. I thought you were my friend Pooja but you turned out to be my enemy, and you, Ravi this is your cool girl... I tell you she has no interest in you. All she ever thinks about is books, grades and don't know what.” said Shreya.

Before Pooja could say something, Ravi came up to her defence and said, “Well Shreya, you don't know anything about her."

"Ravi, you just stay out of this.” snapped Shreya.

"How dare you talk like that.” snapped Pooja.
Agent Scar read that when two girls are arguing, it is best to stay away from them because if one gets in between two battering rams he will only get crushed.


Then Shreya looking towards Pooja continued, “You know right, that I liked him why did you come in between us?"
Pooja said, “What if you like him, he should also like you right? If he doesn't, how can you think he would become your boyfriend."

"Hey witch I am done talking with you, just forget Ravi and everything will be alright.” said Shreya controlling her anger.

"Witch!!!???, how dare you call me witch, look at yourself you you...." Pooja was not getting any correct word to fill the gap but after a few seconds she said something that none of the them present there could ever imagine, she said, “Shut up you dumb twit, you have the brain of a dino.... so old and so small......"

Shreya was shocked on what she just heard, for a few moments there she was dumbstruck. She never expected such words from anyone and lastly from Pooja, her best friend from many years whom she trusted with even her most intimate secrets.
Then Shreya felt completely defeated and lonely… Her best friend and the boy she loved had both deserted her. She just did not understand what to do and felt like punching Pooja but controlling her anger and tears that came along.. she started running...really fast and soon reached the entrance of the park. There her driver was waiting and was a little surprised on seeing his little mistress crying but he kept quiet and wondered what must have happened.
She got into the car and said, “Don’t ask anything just take me home quickly.”
Her driver obeyed and was driving but her tears did not stop and suddenly he changed the route of the car.
Shreya through her tears noticed this and said,”Hey where are you going this is not the way.” But her driver paid no heed to her words and after driving for a few more minutes stopped at a place.
Shreya was really frustrated and said, “What is this place?”
Her driver slowly said, “Please get down Madam.” And he opened the door for her.
When she got down, she noticed that he had stopped the car in front of “Softy Den” The biggest Ice-Cream Parlour in entire Hyderabad.
And he said, “After you madam.”
Shreya said, “I did not ask you take me here… I want to go home.”
The Driver humbly said, “I won’t ask you what happened but atleast have an ice-cream.. you will feel better.”
Then Shreya as if in a trance went inside and sat down at an empty table. Her Driver knew which flavour she liked and brought a large edition of that one with extra nuts and cream.
Shreya said a meek thank you and started eating the ice-cream slowly. Her driver didn’t ask her anything but after a few spoonfuls of her ice-cream Shreya only said, “Thanks for bringing me here... Now I feel much better.” She continued, “Today was a very bad day for me… Why is God being so mean with me, Today I lost my best friend and the boy for whom I had special feelings.”
Her driver was listening to her patiently and said, “My child, remember one thing.. No day is so bad that you don’t have God’s Grace and no day is so good that you don’t need his grace,” Then her driver continued, “Maybe you deserved much better than the people who left you.. maybe they were never your friends to begin with,”
Shreya too thought the same thing but she just couldn’t forget all the feelings she had for those two. Some more time later she finished her ice-cream and went home.

Back at the park. Pooja had suddenly become very dull and Agent Scar thought.. why did that girl come and spoil our mood. After a while Pooja also started crying and Agent Scar just didn’t know what to do but he saw in movies that in such cases ”The Hero puts his arm around his lady love and consoles her.” But when he tried to do the same thing Pooja gave him a sudden glance and he felt it’s best not to do that thing and tried consoling with words only.
But before he could ask anything Pooja only started talking through her tears… “She called me a frenemy.. I was so nice to her, always helped with her many things just because she helped me once… I don’t forget what she did for me many years ago but now she called me many things…”
Agent Scar didn’t know that reminding the past would only make her feel more sad but asked her anyway, “What is the great help that she did for you which made you stand by her side all these years.”

Then Pooja slowly went into flashback mode.. and recollected the exact occurrence of events.
Pooja said, “I was not originally from this school, I transferred here when I was in some fifth grade or something. That time also I had my specs but the frame was a little odd and the first day here.. Some boys starting making fun of me but suddenly Shreya came to my rescue and drove

the boys away. That maybe a small gesture but for me it left an ever lasting impression and I could never forget that. She was the epitome of bravery for me back then.”
After listening to all that Agent Scar thought, “Humans, take little things too seriously, I can never understand them.” But he didn’t want to hurt Pooja’s feelings because she was already depressed. So he just looked at the time and said,”Pooja your one hour is almost finished,”
As soon as he said that a new fear gripped Pooja,”What if Shreya tells her Mom about Ravi and her meetings,”
She told the same thing to Ravi who could say nothing but, “Don’t worry nothing like that will happen.”

Then she hurriedly rushed to her house and expecting a lot of things and imagining even more but when she finally entered the house her mother behaved as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened but she looked at Pooja a little strangely and asked, “You look like as if you have seen a ghost.”
Pooja was completely relieved after understanding that nothing had been told so she just said, “A dog chased my cycle and that scared me a little.”

Then that night both the girls went to bed but were not exactly sleepy and both imagined how a new life at school without each other would be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Fan Club

Readers Online

Page Translator

Badge