Part 41

The next day at school he was disturbed by thoughts of Pooja and how she was having an impact on him…

“Unless other people point out I am not able to notice but slowly but surely I am changing and I don’t want that to be happening…why can’t I just kidnap her father and take him to the King so that King can get all the info he wants…” were the thoughts running through his head…

Pavan came early too that day and he sat beside Ravi..

Pavan said,”Hey Ravi, I wrote a few chapters for my new book…the funny part is…I still didn’t name the book”

“Ohh Ok, hey can I ask you something…” said Ravi feeling a little shy.

“Ya sure anything…” said Pavan casually.

“What do you think is a good gift for a girl…” asked Ravi.

“A friend who is a girl or a girl friend?” taunted Pavan.

“Hmm a girl friend only….” Said Ravi sheepishly.

“Hey who is it…tell me man, I can keep a secret…” requested Pavan.

“Later…just give me some advice man…” said Ravi.

After thinking for a few moments Pavan said, “Actually it totally depends on the girl…if you at least tell me what kind of girl she is…I can give you a better choice…”

Ravi too thought for some time and said “Well, she likes books, horror movies, music and chocolates…”

“You can always give personalized DVDs with her all her fav songs or movies.” Said Pavan

“I thought of giving her a box of assorted chocolates” said Ravi.

“The chocolates will soon finish and be forgotten, the DVDs too will get boring after a while... give her something lasting man...give her a memory...” said Pavan

“What do you mean by that...” said Ravi.

“Think about it yourself...” said Pavan winking...

“Anyway thanks...” said Ravi.

“Something long lasting and it shouldn’t even get boring after a while... but she gave me a stupid stuffed toy and a musical card...what should I give her... arghh this is too tough for an assassin.” Were the thoughts running in Agent Scar’s head.

Then he noticed that Pooja hadn’t come to school that day.

After the school was over Pavan went near Ravi and asked him,”Hey Ravi, I need to take a few books from someone...want to come along?”

Agent Scar had no reason to go anywhere but still replied,”Whose house?”

“Pooja’s...she took a few books I need for the coaching institute and it will be boring if I go alone...” said Pavan.

Ravi was elated within but hiding his excitement he said,” Ya sure....lets go”

After walking for 12 min from the school they reached the apartments where Pooja lived.

Pavan said,”She lives in the first floor only...”

The door bell rang and Pooja’s mother went to open the door only to find a messy haired boy in School uniform...before she and the messy haired kid could say anything Pavan came from behind and said, “Aunty...how are you?”

“Ohh Pavan, it’s you...after a long time...how are your parents?” asked Pooja’s mother.

“Everyone is fine...I just needed to take some books...” said Pavan.

“Who is the new boy...never seen him before...” asked Pooja’s mother.

“My name is Ravi and I am a foreign exchange student...” said Ravi.

Pooja who was trying to sleep in her room was kind of shocked by hearing the voice of someone whom she never expected to hear in her house.

She got up with a jolt and was about to come outside but her mother had said that Pooja was in her room and the boys were just about to enter her room and suddenly Pooja and Ravi collided and when Pooja was about to fall down...Agent Scar with his lightning fast reflexes caught her and broke her fall.

“Cool reflexes Ravi...” said Pavan amazed.

Ravi got back to his senses...”Normal humans don’t react so quickly” were his thoughts.

Pooja ushered the boys into her room and she said,”Hey sorry, the room is kind of messy...”

“It’s Ok Pooja, just came back to take that book on Quadratic Equations.” Said Pavan.

“It must be here somewhere.” Said Pooja and started searching for that book from a pile that was present on her study table.

Pooja’s mom went into kitchen to get some snacks for the guests and Pavan followed her when she asked him something about a few relatives.

Ravi and Pooja were alone in the room.

Pooja said, “Ravi I never thought that one day you would be in my room that too when my mom is present...”

“Why didn’t you come to school and what’s wrong with your voice.” Said Ravi thinking about her sweet voice.

“Achoo...I caught a cold Ravi, I always get them whenever I play in rain...didn’t you get a cold?” asked she.

“How can I tell her that medinites in me never make me sick” thought Agent Scar but he simply said,”I take my vitamin C everyday...so...”

“I don’t think I will be able to come to school tomorrow also, Ravi, I feel feverish...” said Pooja sneezing again.

Ravi slowly moved his hand towards her arm and gently squeezed it....this action alarmed Pooja.

“What will happen if mom sees us like this....?” were the thoughts running through her mind but she couldn’t utter a word.

“Pooja, your body temperature is 4 degrees above normal....” said Ravi casually.

“You hold a girl’s hand and this is what you say” were the words she wanted to say but simply said,”Oh Ok, how do you know? Doctor Ravi.”

Agent Scar never thought about the concept of prolonging one’s life or anything like that but being addressed as doctor made him think for that single moment “How would life be if I was not an assassin”

But he brushed away those thoughts and said,"Your voice sounds so good when its normal...."

Pooja said,"I like my voice this way Ravi...I don't like being that perfect girl and stuff..."

Agent Scar thought ,"What kind of strange girl is she...maybe people get tired of being perfect and things like that."

He got back to his senses when he heard footsteps coming from the other side of the door.

The door opened and Pavan followed by Pooja’s mom came into the room holding a few snacks.

Ravi said,” No thank you madam...we need to get going...”

“Oh you don’t have to be so formal Ravi...” said Pooja’s mother.

“What do your parents do?” was the second question and this time there was no quick answer and suddenly the room became silent.

After a few seconds it was Pooja who spoke up and said, “Mom, his parents died last year...”

“I am sorry Ravi, there is one last thing I want to ask you...I have seen you somewhere before, just not remembering where...do you know? Asked her mother.

Agent Scar remembered about the picture which Pooja’s sister Shruthi took when he and Pooja were working in the park but simply said, “Don’t know...we are meeting for the first time...”

Pavan said,”OK aunty, meet you later...bye.”

Ravi also said bye and left the place.

“Poor kid, loosing parents at such an important phase...must be tough for him...” said Pooja’s mother slowly.

Pooja with her hoarse voice said, “His parents left him a huge fortune...he is like super rich...”

“Money is nothing compared to family....you can never understand that....he seemed like a good kid except for his hair though....” said her mother remembering his messy hairdo.

“Really, you liked him?” said Pooja getting somewhat excited.

“What are you getting excited about?” asked her mother.

Pooja suddenly coughed and said “Nothing”....she continued, “Mom I don’t feel too good, I think I will take a little nap...”

“Go, play in the rain...you even want ice-cream? See what happened...when will you learn to take care of your own health Pooja” said her mom a little annoyed with the childish behaviour of her daughter.

“If something happens, you are there to take care of everything right???” said Pooja and turned and closed her eyes as if asleep.

Her mom left the room after tucking Pooja under her favourite blanket and Pooja’s mind became hyperactive and her thoughts continued ,”Yay... mom liked Ravi and I was breaking my head to think of various plans to introduce him....Thanks Pavan without you that wouldn’t have been possible...

While walking Pavan said,"Hey Ravi, Sudheer's house is also nearby...want to visit his house?"

Ravi had no work that evening and thought it would be fun to hang out with that guy who knew a little bit of Japanese and said ,"OK Pavan, will you also come?"

"No man, i need to hurry to Verma coaching...meet you tomorrow." said Pavan and went away after giving the directions to Sudheer's house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors Map

Fan Club

Readers Online

Page Translator

Badge